About the Remmina Project
Remmina is a remote desktop client written in GTK+, aiming to be useful for system administrators and travellers, who need to work with lots of remote computers in front of either large monitors or tiny netbooks. Remmina supports multiple network protocols in an integrated and consistent user interface. Currently RDP, VNC, NX, XDMCP and SSH are supported.
Remmina is released in separated source packages:
- "remmina", the main GTK+ application
- "remmina-plugins", a set of plugins
Remmina is free and open-source software, released under GNU GPL license.
- Remmina 1.0 released!
- February 11, 2012
- This is the first release since Remmina was officially moved to FreeRDP github repository as a sister project! It was released to cooperate with the new FreeRDP 1.0, with a lot of help from the FreeRDP community. Please get it here.
- Remmina 0.9.2 released!
- December 25, 2010
- Two years of development since the first public release! This release is made to celebrate. :) And merry christmas!
- Remmina 0.9.0 released!
- December 12, 2010
- This release is mainly focused on enhancing the main program. Tray icon was added, with even more features than the original panel applet package. That's why I think it shouldn't be a problem to remove the panel applet packages from 0.9, but feel free to let me know if you think this is not appropriate. Please read Remmina 0.9.0 release notes for more details.
- Remmina 0.8.0 released!
- July 10, 2010
- It's been a very long time since the development of this major release was started, and finally it's out. Please read Remmina 0.8.0 Release Notes.
- Remmina 0.8 beta 1
- June 22, 2010
- Switching to FreeRDP is one of the biggest movement in 0.8 release. Please visit FreeRDP project for more information. The plugin system is another big movement. Plugins are released in a separated source package, and each plugin is intended to be separated in its own binary package, so that dependencies can be properly set. Complete release notes will be announced after 0.8 becomes stable.
- Remmina 0.7.5 released!
- May 2, 2010
- This will be the last 0.7 stable release, unless any critical issue is discovered. The next major release 0.8 is close! Please read the forum post for 0.7.5 release notes; read the Project Wiki for coming 0.8 new features.
- Remmina 0.7.4 released!
- February 18, 2010
- This release corrected various memory issues.
- Remmina 0.7.3 released!
- January 26, 2010
- This is the 3rd bug-fix release of the 0.7 branch of Remmina. There are also some translation updates for the applets.
- Remmina 0.7.2 released!
- January 7, 2010
- This is the second bug-fix release of the 0.7 branch of Remmina.
- Remmina 0.7.1 released!
- December 22, 2009
- This is a bug-fix release of the 0.7 branch of Remmina.
- Remmina 0.7 released!
- December 12, 2009
- The first stable release of Remmina is now available. Please feel free to download and post comments!
- Remmina is in progress!
- October 8, 2009
- Remmina is the successor of Grdc project, coming with new features and new design! If you are interested in Grdc-related information, please click here.